Influenster

Thursday, April 18, 2013

American Idol




On American Idol last night, the five divas each sang two songs last night. Each contestant selected a song from the year they were born and from their favorite diva. Candice Glover performed "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul and "When You Believe" by Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston. Angie Miller performed "I'll Stand by You" by the Pretenders and "Halo" by Beyonce. Kree Harrison performed "She Talks to Angels" and "Have You Ever Been in Love" by Celine Dion. Janelle Arthur performed "When I Call Your Name" by Vince Gill and "Dumb Blonde" by Dolly Parton. Amber Holcomb performed "Without You" and "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life" by Barbara Streisand. 

In my opinion, I feel that Amber and Angie were the top performers of the night. I think both have amazing voices and feel like current artists. I could imagine hearing both on the radio today. I will be so disappointed if either one of them goes home. Furthermore, I thought Janelle also performed well. However, I do not feel her voice is as strong as the other two divas. I am also not a big fan of country music. As for Kree and Candice, I don't get why the judges rave about them. I think their singing voices are just okay and they are not as current sounding as Amber and Angie. I am hoping that they are the bottom two, but unfortunately it will probably be one of my favorites in the bottom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment